Marketing Operations Project Manager
Job no: 508621
Position Type: Staff
Location: Boston Main Campus - Eligible for Alternative Work Location
Categories: Enrollment Management
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Marketing Operations Project Manager on the Enrollment Management team at Northeastern University reports into the Associate Director of Project Management and will advise, consult, and guide the project management process for multiple, complex, cross-department projects. The person in this role will work closely with stakeholders in defining project charters, schedules and budgets and oversee the entire project lifecycle to deliver comprehensive digital solutions. In addition to excelling in scope, time, and budget management, the ideal candidate will also have a thorough understanding of marketing automation technology and processes, demand generation initiatives and list management, and a demonstrated track record in leading large scale technical projects involving culturally and geographically diverse cross-functional stakeholders with varied technical aptitude.
This position requires confidence, self-discipline, a sense of urgency, and the ability to be innovative – making decisions and taking responsibility for them. As a Project Manager, you will need to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions, identifying risks and recommending solutions. This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results to guide the team to meet project goals and deliver high quality work.
The job demands a factual, direct style of communication and significant self-discipline with attention to detail. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities.
• 5-7 years of proven project management experience in marketing automation, digital applications, marketing technology, multimedia, or systems integration, demonstrating robust and deep working knowledge of the full project lifecycle.
o Experience in a digital agency a plus.
o Experience in higher education a plus
• A track record of successful and predictable delivery of on-time, on-budget, and to-specification projects
• CSM, PSP-ACP or PMP certification required
• Skilled at articulating how complex projects can be structured into phases and sprints to prioritize speed to market and iterative improvements and feature enhancements
• Knowledge/Qualification in Agile Project Management Methodologies
• Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and or the creative development process
• Strong planning skills applied through project management technology (Workfront experience preferred)
• Demonstrable financial management skills and experience
• Good working knowledge of project contracts and invoice schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Project Management certification desired
• Demonstrated experience creating factual, concise and client-oriented verbal and written communications
• Strong analytical and conflict management resolution skills
• Ability to analyze, make decisions, prioritize, assess and mitigate risk
• Unrelenting focus on quality deliverables throughout project lifecycle (not just the end result)
• Demonstrated experience with managing the delivery of digital projects (both mobile and web).
• Experience communicating with several audience types, and the ability to tailor communications between clients, engineering teams, management, and more.
• Comfortable working with complex marketing technologies and digital marketing projects
• Proven decision-making capabilities, particularly in navigating competing or conflicting priorities
• General understanding of UX principles and web design (Information architecture, Interaction design, visual design, usability, prototyping, etc.).
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend