1. Develops and maintains a broad knowledge of medical, scientific and technical information for therapeutic area and product portfolio, becoming a scientific influenza expert for Medical Information.
2. Assist with creation and reviews of key medical communication documents, including, but not limited to, Scientific Responses Documents (SRDs), Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), content for medical meetings/symposia/Advisory Boards, content for internal Medical Affairs staff training and Data-on-File. Ensures prompt and accurate, quality-assured documents are created in alignment with the Global and Regional Medial Affairs scientific messages and strategy.
- Creates and implements processes/procedures for a streamlined handling of medical inquiries.
- Partners cross functionally to ensure data is incorporated into content and process is in place for highest volume topics for customers.
3. Assist with the Publications, Abstracts and Posters; helps to facilitate Team calls to review progress of manuscripts and congress planning progress. Arrange for medical writing support once publication plan is recognized. Ensure that the vendor selected is trained on internal policies, Good Publication Practice (GPP) Guidelines, internal compliance requirements and authorship criteria.
- Ensure consistent cross-functional communication and collaboration on ongoing publication projects and project updates with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Assist with updating important internal documents such as the Scientific Pillars and Platforms and product compendia to support the Medical Plan and Medical Communication strategy.
- Assist with the oversight of manuscript submission for RD disclosure review including manuscripts (primary and secondary), abstracts and posters for review and approval prior to submission to journals and congresses
4. Assist with medical content review for professional materials through the medical clearance committee (MCC). Works with the medial affairs team to evaluate and review promotional materials Seeks to build and maintain collaborative relationships with all involved in the MCC process and sets a model for professional and productive interactions.
- Ensures timely medical support for Medical Copy Clearance (medical review of promotional materials) is accomplished for all Seqirus’ products.
- Ensure that strategically aligned scientific communication is medically accurate and supported by appropriate data
- Participate in the development of unbranded and branded commercial programs ensuring that they are medically accurate
- Provide medical input and advice into development of commercial campaigns, where applicable and ensure that timely support and accuracy for Medical Copy Clearance is accomplished for all Seqirus’ vaccines, in the United States.
5. Assist with Identifying appropriate regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) with which to develop professional relationships to ensure exchange of medical-scientific information relevant to Seqirus’s products and areas of therapeutic interest. Gather, translate, and communicate actionable, strategy-aligned insights from scientific, educational, and conference setting interactions. Attend scientific and medical meetings. Deliver approved educational programs and training to relevant internal functions.
- Maintain excellent professional relationships, engage and cultivate relationships with leading KOLs to gain contribution/ participation in advisory boards, greater understanding of influenza vaccines and insights into unmet patient needs.
- Represents Seqirus at scientific and medical forums, including medical education forums, scientific roundtables, congresses, and symposia.
- Planning, designing and managing or participating in local, regional, national and global medical Advisory Boards including working with vendor(s) in support of medical affairs strategies.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Scientific knowledge in influenza therapeutic area
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet agreed metrics
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to operate in a collaborative work environment
- Sound and balanced judgment; able to assess and handle risks; self-confident, proactive and decisive
- Has the expertise, determination and courage to resolve or escalate issues as appropriate
- Values and behaviours consistent with CSL’s
- High ethical standards as well as personal credibility
- Ability to prioritize and deliver
- Excellent leadership and relationship skills
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Ability to meet deadlines