Preferred candidates for the Career Development Advisor position will have:
• Worked in a student/career-focused environment and have a professional background in experiential learning, preferably in the technology education space, AND/OR, worked as a technical recruiter, technical hiring manager, or in a similar function.
• An understanding of industry hiring and employment trends relevant to the Bay Area degree programs (e.g. computer science, data science, analytics, project management, information systems, etc.) and the ability to conduct independent research in these areas.
• Strong presentation and workshop facilitation skills.
• The ability to lead projects and navigate across university divisions; a detail-oriented multi-tasker.
• Strong communication skills and an interest in working in a highly collaborative role with students, staff, faculty, alumni, and external partners.
• Flexibility and an interest in wearing multiple hats; the Bay Area is a growing campus, so this role will require comfort with evolving priorities.
• Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds; familiarity with work authorization processes in the US (CPT/OPT) a plus.
• Excellent skills in relationship building, event planning, marketing, public relations, and database management.
• Experience working with professional master’s students is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with at least 3-5 years' experience supporting career development at a higher education institution or job-focused training program (e.g., bootcamp/workforce development).
• Forward thinking and innovative, helping us realize the future of education in line with Northeastern’s strategic plan.
• Can connect with students from different cultures, backgrounds and lived experiences in person and virtually to help them become career ready and progress on their journey.
• Passion for networking and making new connections with regional employers.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences and maintain confidentiality around complex and sensitive issues for the purposes of compliance with applicable federal and state laws, as well as Northeastern guidelines.