Salesforce and Marketing Cloud Administrator
Job no: 506227
Position Type: Staff
Location: Boston Main Campus
Categories: Advancement and Alumni Relations
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern community has a tradition of giving back, and each day, we witness the impact of our community’s remarkable generosity. Our students are pursuing co-ops in all corners of the globe, growing their cultural fluency and preparing to thrive in the world. Our faculty are delivering leading-edge scholarship, teaching and mentoring tomorrow’s leaders. And our researchers are pioneering new lines of inquiry, accelerating discovery in emerging fields. Northeastern University Advancement and the Advancement Resources team play an integral role in engaging the Northeastern community to create a strong, more sustainable, and bright future.
The Salesforce and Marketing Cloud Administrator is the administrator for Salesforce and Marketing Cloud in University Advancement. With the Salesforce Business Analyst and Training Manager, they are responsible for configuring and maintaining Salesforce and Marketing Cloud to ensure continued delivery of innovative, high quality solutions to meet business needs for departments using the CRM, marketing communication tools or marketing data.
• Primary contact for Marketing Cloud, will analyze business needs across Advancement division recommending modifications to improve Marketing Cloud system performance, efficiency, internal business process and reporting.
• Assists in defining requirements and mapping features to new and current business processes; collaborates with IT and third-party service providers on implementing technical solutions
• Drives and increases user adoption and ensures user satisfaction by identifying training gaps and system problems; provides training and solutions
• Collaborates with Advancement teams to execute marketing and advertising campaigns. Customer base is inclusive of Office of the Senior Vice President, Office of Alumni Relations, Annual Giving , Planned Giving, Marketing and Communications, University Events, Parent Philanthropy Program and the Women Who Empower program.
• Collaborates with cross division teams including the Office of the Senior Vice President for Advancement, to create target lists and advise on opportunities for marketing automation
• Maintains data integrity by performing data maintenance tasks such as de-duping, uploads and other data quality assurance procedures in Salesforce and Marketing Cloud
• Manages system users including creating and maintaining profiles, roles, permissions, sharing rules and queues
• Researches and tests changes in upcoming Salesforce and Marketing Cloud releases, as well as other integrated applications; provides recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity
• Maintains ongoing documentation and training processes as business needs evolve or as features are added
• Assists with reporting tools to measure success of campaigns and digital presence
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree required (Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or related field preferred)
• 3 years marketing and digital analytics experience (Higher Ed or Advancement background is preferred)
• 2 years Salesforce CRM and/or Marketing Cloud experience
• Salesforce Certification
• Marketing Cloud Administrator Certification
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Confident and professional presentation skills for training
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend