The Bouvé College of Health Sciences seeks a Grants Administrator to join our team in the College’s Office of Research (BCORe). The BCORe Team is staffed with five full-time grants administrators under the direction of the Executive Director of Research Administration.
The Grants Administrator serves as a member of a team of professionals in the Bouvé College Office of Research (BCORe), primarily responsible for assisting faculty and departmental administrative staff throughout the grants management life-cycle. On the pre-award side, this may include: development and submission of federal, non-federal, state, foundation, corporate, and industry grant proposals. This person may assist with the identification of funding opportunities, development of proposal budgets; coordination of sub-contracts on proposals; check for compliance with institutional policies and sponsor requirements; and review grant proposals prior to submission to the central office, Northeastern University Research Enterprise Services (NU-RES).
The Grants Administrator may also provide cross functional support to colleagues in BCORe with post-award tasks and financial management needed. This may include: providing timely routine and ad hoc reports to PI's on their grants; manage and monitor grant funded payroll and adjust payroll distribution as needed; submit cost transfer requests as needed; monitor grant effort; communicate external regulations to faculty and staff; serve as a primary liaison for BCORe with the NU-RES; review sponsor financial reports; and oversee project activity through closeout.
• Perform ongoing operational tasks within assigned workstream, which may include:
• Pre-Award Support: Assist principal investigators with proposal and budget preparation, including support with biosketches, other support pages, federal and foundation proposals. Follow compliance regulations established by funding agencies and by the university. Work closely with other BCORe staff, PIs, NU-RES officials and department administrators for proposal submission and award administration. Assist with identifying sponsored program opportunities for Principal Investigators within the college.
• Post-Award Support: Monitor sponsor award spending for allowability and compliance with federal and sponsor regulations. Managing payroll and sponsored project effort oversight. Develop and monitor budgets and award burn-rate to confirm good financial standing. Assist with the submission of annual progress reports and final reports in collaboration with NU-RES. Proactively follow cleanup and closeout procedures on expired accounts according to institutional policy and good accounting practices. Liaise with NU-RES and complete administrative paperwork as required.
• Work with Principal Investigators, Administration and sponsors to provide excellent customer service and resolve complex issues related to sponsored projects.
• Develop and manage relationships across key sponsored research stakeholders; communicate with researchers, administrators, and sponsor to facilitate timely proposal submissions.
• Ensure provision of customer service assistance to outside agencies in the ongoing administration of grants and contracts.
• Keep up to date on sponsor requirements, institutional policies, and state and federal regulations, and proactively update team members on applicable changes.