The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
• Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
• Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
• Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
• Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
• Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
• Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. In addition to clinical development programs in cystic fibrosis (CF), Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs focused on the underlying mechanisms of other rare diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our corporate headquarters is now located in Boston’s Innovation District, and our international headquarters is in London, United Kingdom. We currently employ approximately 2,500 people in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Latin America with nearly two-thirds of our staff dedicated to research and development.
At Vertex, we have some of the industry's best and brightest people helping us achieve our mission of discovering transformative medicines to help people with serious diseases. We depend on a talented global workforce to lead the charge as we work toward developing tomorrow's breakthrough medicines. The broad background possessed by a Pharm.D. graduate is highly valued in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, and certainly here at Vertex.
Modeling & Simulation
Pharmacy Postdoctoral Fellow – Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Post-Doctoral PharmD Fellowship with Vertex Pharmaceuticals & Northeastern University (2 Years)
Northeastern University's School of Pharmacy and Vertex Pharmaceuticals will be partnering to offer a two-year Doctor of Pharmacy M&S Fellowship Program at Vertex in Boston, MA starting July 2021. The M&S Department, a division of Biometrics, provides model-driven pharmacokinetic (PK) and PK/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) quantitative pharmacology expertise at all stages of drug development. The M&S Fellow will learn various aspects of a modeler’s role in the drug development process, while focusing on specified deliverables for a specific program. Activities will include program team involvements, model identification and implementation techniques, and presentation skills development. In addition, the fellow will have the opportunity to interact with, and learn from, other groups at Vertex, with an aim of providing a broader understanding of drug development.