The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
• Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
• Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
• Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
• Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
• Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
• Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. In addition to clinical development programs in cystic fibrosis (CF), Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs focused on the underlying mechanisms of other rare diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our corporate headquarters is now located in Boston’s Innovation District, and our international headquarters is in London, United Kingdom. We currently employ approximately 2,500 people in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Latin America with nearly two-thirds of our staff dedicated to research and development.
At Vertex, we have some of the industry's best and brightest people helping us achieve our mission of discovering transformative medicines to help people with serious diseases. We depend on a talented global workforce to lead the charge as we work toward developing tomorrow's breakthrough medicines. The broad background possessed by a Pharm.D. graduate is highly valued in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, and certainly here at Vertex.
Vertex is offering a two-year Biopharmaceutical Industry Fellowship in Global Regulatory Affairs at the corporate headquarters in Boston MA. The Pharm.D. fellow(s) will have an opportunity to gain specialized and in-depth training in three-distinct areas of Global Regulatory Affairs including Regulatory Strategy; Global Labeling; and Advertising and Promotion for a period of six-months. The remaining six-months of the program will be spent in the area of global regulatory affairs where the Pharm.D. fellow(s) can envision beginning their career journey. Specific opportunities may vary depending on the interests of the Pharm.D. fellow(s) as well as the needs of the department.
The structured program will provide a cumulative set of skills that will help facilitate a smooth transition to a successful career after the fellowship.