The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
• Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
• Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
• Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
• Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
• Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
• Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is launching a 2-year post-PharmD fellowship in U.S. Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs in collaboration with Northeastern University, School of Pharmacy.
Ipsen is a global, biopharmaceutical group focused on innovation and specialty care. The group develops and commercializes innovative medicines in three key therapeutic areas – Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases. Our presence in North America dates back to 1976, and now includes Ipsen’s third global hub right in the heart of the leading global biotech ecosystem in Cambridge, Mass., where a fully integrated biopharmaceutical team across External Innovation and Partnering, R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial operations collaborates. With Ipsen’s expansion of its footprint in Cambridge, and new North America headquarters in Kendall Square, the group is building a sustainable innovation engine within the biotech community.
This two-year Fellowship Program in collaboration with Northeastern University and Ipsen is designed to provide Doctor of Pharmacy graduates an opportunity to gain in-depth experience in the biopharmaceutical industry within Ipsen’s Medical and Regulatory Affairs. At Ipsen, we have a clear mission: to improve patients’ lives. We are a dynamic and growing global biopharmaceutical leader focused on innovation and specialty care, with a focus on 3 core areas: oncology, neuroscience, and rare diseases.
Areas of Focus for the PharmD Fellowship Program include:
U.S. Medical Affairs rotation may include (choice of 2 areas*): Medical Information, Medical Strategy, Thought Leader Engagement, Scientific Communications and Publications, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Medical Affairs Training
Regulatory Affairs rotation will include: US Commercial Regulatory Affairs, Global Regulatory Labeling
*Other cross-functional experiences as discussed per candidate aspirations
The program consists of a 1-year rotation through the Medical Affairs team and 1- year rotation through the Regulatory Affairs team. The PharmD Fellow also participates in the Northeastern University seminars/events/teaching opportunities. The fellow will work virtually and/or on-site at Ipsen in Cambridge, MA, and virtually and/or on-site at Northeastern University.