The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
• Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
• Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
• Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
• Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
• Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
• Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
About Deciphera Pharmaceuticals:
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a commercial biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing important new medicines to improve the lives of people with cancer. We are leveraging our proprietary switch-control kinase inhibitor platform and deep expertise in kinase biology to develop a broad portfolio of innovative medicines. In addition to advancing multiple product candidates in clinical studies, QINLOCK is Deciphera’s first FDA-approved drug, a switch-control kinase inhibitor for the treatment of fourth-line gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST). QINLOCK, an oral oncolytic, is also approved in Canada and Australia for the treatment of fourth-line GIST.
Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our state-of-the-art research facility is located in Lawrence, Kansas.
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on our “PATHS” Core Values:
- Patients – places the importance of improving the lives of patients and their caregivers at the forefront of every day’s work.
- Accountability – for our performance and the way we work with coworkers and other stakeholders.
- Transparency – in our intent and actions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Honesty and Integrity – fosters trust and strives to deliver on our and the company’s promises.
- Stewardship – values and uses wisely the resources and investments provided to the company.
Deciphera’s Science and Pipeline:
Deciphera is developing novel small molecule drug candidates to improve the lives of cancer patients by addressing key mechanisms of tumor and drug resistance that limit the effectiveness of many cancer therapies. Our pipeline of drug candidates is designed to stop cancers from growing and spreading by inhibiting mutant forms or over expression of a family of enzymes called kinase. Enabled by our proprietary kinase switch control inhibitor drug discovery platform, we have developed kinase switch control inhibitors that interact at a molecular level in a way that is distinct from other kinase inhibitors and are designed to generate higher and more durable rates of response.
We have developed a diverse pipeline of differentiated, wholly owned, orally administered, oncology drug candidates that includes, among others, our recently approved product, QINLOCK (ripretinib), a broad-spectrum KIT and PDGFRa kinase switch control inhibitor is approved for the treatment of fourth-line GIST. Our follow-on study of ripretinib, the INTRIGUE study, is a pivotal Phase 3 trial in second-line GIST. We also have two additional clinical-stage programs for drug candidates DCC-3014 and rebastinib, both immune-oncology (or immunokinase) inhibitors, targeting the kinases CSF1R and TIE2 respectively. Two research-stage programs are in the pipeline as well.