The position is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Courses are taught in multiple formats including online and asychronous, and a hybrid synchronous modality branded as NUFlex by Northeastern University. Using the NUFlex methodology students can conduct coursework in an on-ground classroom environment while maintaining social distancing guidelines. Faculty enjoy a collegial work environment that allows for work-life balance, and are expected to be available to students, whether in-person or online. Faculty contribute to the College’s mission through teaching, service and scholarship. The faculty member will report directly to the Faculty Director of the Quality Assurance and Advanced Manufacturing Domain.
Actual course load may vary with other responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to the following:
• Teach assigned courses and develop course content and materials, through the use of Canvas as a Learning Management System (LMS)
• Advance the Quality Assurance and Advanced Manufacturing Domain interests in close collaboration with the Domain Faculty Director, and Administration, including, but not limited to recommendations for additions to, or upgrading of, curriculum, course materials, and textbooks.
• Service to the program/college/university. This service includes student advising, faculty mentoring and program support.
• Participate in the curriculum development and assessment process.
• Share course materials and related observations with other faculty members.
• Be an advocate for students.
• Keep up to date and in contact with employers regarding appropriateness of course/program content.
• Participate in faculty recruitment and mentoring.
• Participate in new student events such as open houses, info sessions, and orientation.