COVID-19 Medical Assistant
Job no: 503519
Position Type: Staff
Location: Boston Main Campus
Categories: University Health and Counseling Services
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
The Medical Assistants will carry out COVID-19 specimen collection for the Northeastern community. Under the guidance of a Supervisor, the specimen collection team will be responsible for greeting and screening Northeastern community members and collecting swabs for diagnostic testing of COVID-19. The University plans to administer tests to approximately 2,500-5,000 students, faculty, and staff on a daily basis in order to promote rigorous health and safety guidelines across campus. Training will be provided.
In addition, Medical Assistants will assists clinicians by preparing patients for examination, assisting during examinations and procedures, scheduling follow-up care for patients, performing CLIA-waived laboratory testing. Answers telephone, greets patients at front desk and waiting area, assists in patient registration and data entry into the electronic health record. Perform a variety of clerical and support duties to promote efficient area operations. Provides patient instruction and education as directed by clinical staff. Assist in review and filing of medical record documentation, including immunization forms and other correspondence. Identify and respond appropriately in emergencies.
These are 12-month term position with the possibility of renewal depending on funding and business need.
Testing sites will be open 7 days week. Multiple shifts and schedules available.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related Medical Office Assistant work preferably in a health, college or university setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with students and employees in a highly diverse educational and workplace environment preferred.
- Reliable and able to work as a team member in a fast-paced, potentially stressful environment while exhibiting strong communication skills including listening and empathy.
- Completion of Medical Office Assistant training program (Medical Assistant Certification a plus)
- BLS/CPR certification required.
- Experience and skill in using Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with an electronic health record preferred; Knowledge of eClinicalWorks a plus.
- Demonstrated record of consistent professional performance, including punctuality, appropriate behavior, respectful treatment of patients and colleagues and compliance with confidentiality laws and policies.
- Strong organizational skills and focus, allowing for the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively.
- Seeks out and effectively integrates constructive feedback by supervisor while in the workplace.
- Testing sites will be open 7 days week. Multiple shifts and schedules available.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend