Director, Partnership Development
Job no: 503126
Position Type: Staff
Location: Portland, ME Campus
Categories: Regional Campuses
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
At the core of the Roux Institute strategy is building a learning and research program hand in hand with industry. Northeastern strives to provide solutions to our partners’ most nagging needs: talent and innovation for a 21st century economy. Partnerships create value through addressing the complex challenge of enterprise talent development, new talent acquisition and sponsored research.
As a result, The Roux Institute is hiring a Director of Partnership Development, to design partnership models and generate new partnerships. The Director will collaborate on building the vision, strategy and operations needed to establish external partnerships that support our strategic B2B goals.
The position of the Director of Partner Development is highly customer focused and is key to generating significant corporate partnerships. The focus of the position is to communicate the value of partnerships, introduce partners to the parts of the university that can add value to their specific business needs, and scope out the partnership to maximize the strategic value for all parties. The right fit for this position will be comfortable building relationships with C-Suite counterparts and negotiating agreements with complex, sophisticated businesses. The role requires strong institutional awareness and excellent communication both externally and cross-functionally within the organization.
The successful candidate will be passionate about creating value for partners in corporate learning, talent acquisition and collaborative research projects and able to accurately convey the core mission and values of The Roux Institute. They will possess strong customer management and consultancy skills, have impeccable relational skills and exceptional project management leadership.
- Play an integral role in shaping the strategic vision of The Roux Institute as it pertains to partnerships in corporate learning, talent acquisition and collaborative research projects
- Design and communicate partnership models so that partners understand and sees value in what Northeastern has to offer
- Identify, approach, and develop corporate partnerships that will support the strategic vision and growth of The Roux Institute YOY
- Negotiate MOUs and move those MOUs to formal partnership agreements
- Steward all partnerships through agreement phase; ensure client retention and high satisfaction through relationship development
- Work with partners to establish critical programmatic goals utilizing key performance indicators
- Provide benchmarking data and reports to aid partners in achieving their goals in line with The Roux Institute strategies
- Continuously work to identify new academic – both learning and research – opportunities for corporate partnerships
- Act as a liaison between The Roux Institute and the other Northeastern University campuses
- Build strategic relationships with cross-functional teams throughout the Northeastern network
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and support internal operational teams in ensuring the smooth delivery of services to the partners
Essential Experience & Education:
- 10+ years’ experience in business development, relationship management, corporate strategic planning or related field
- Familiarity working with executives within varying sizes of organizations
- Experience and comfort working in a matrixed organization and with people across reporting structures
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions in a timely manner based on thoughtful analysis and critical judgment.
- Organizational tact and diplomacy; possesses superb interpersonal skills required to develop close relationships with external partners and key collaborators across the University
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities quickly
- Self-motivated, self-managed proactive, risk taking, and a very high drive to succeed
- Strong at developing deep personal relationships to key contacts in customer organizations
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the University
- Master's degree in education, business, technology, or engineering preferred.
Preferred Skills, Experience
- Project Management
- This position is either Boston or Portland-based, with the expectation that time will be split between to the two cities, with more time expected in Boston
- You will be required to travel, mostly regionally, to meet partnership prospects
- There will be travel further afield to meet companies who wish to move offices to Maine or to visit Northeastern regional campuses
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend