Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
To meet the challenges of the university’s continued growth and expansion, HRIT is looking for a qualified candidate who will lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of supporting our HR Systems for the HRM department. This is a 3-year term appointment and could lead to a permanent position.
This individual will have leadership, management and individual contributor roles within HRIT. The HRIT Support & Services Manager is a working manager responsible for the governance, delivery, service levels, and maintenance of various information technology applications including Banner HR, PageUp People and Workforce Software/Time & Attendance. This individual is also responsible for managing cyclical events, providing services including data analytics to support the university and ensuring knowledge sharing with stakeholders, partners and customers.
In addition, the individual will provide guidance and expertise to the HRIT Team on day to day activities including system configuration and maintenance, resolving issues, understanding business processes and requirements, system capabilities/limitations, testing new functionality and understanding our complex data.
The HRIT Support & Services Manager will be a strong partner to our customers to understand business needs and provide exceptional support and services.
Primary duties include:
• Manages a team of HRIT Analysts and Data Analysts and provides leadership with the day to day support and services provided
• Responsible for providing guidance, mentoring and work direction
• Manages cyclical activities including CYE, Salary Planner/FYE, system upgrades
• Supports leadership in planning, recommendations and execution of HR technology strategies
• Proactively develops strong partnerships with our customers, business, IT and outside vendors to provide services that meet the needs of the university
• Provides technical guidance, support and solutions for end users of the HR systems.
• Leads the support, configuration and testing efforts for HR system support and maintenance initiatives.
• Ensures end user security, data integrity, documentation and training are maintained.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining applicable support documentation including but not limited to support plans, standard operating procedures, cyclical task lists, service level agreements.
• Designs systems and processes to monitor support, ensure performance is sustained and effective and ensure SLA’s are met
• Develops appropriate test plans, test cases and ensures complete testing is performed
• Participates in Change Management strategy and plans with the HRM and HRIT leadership team
• Contributes to best practices helping evolve the team’s tools and techniques
• Partners with the HRIT Solution team to successfully accept the transition of application support
• Ensures that all reporting and informational requests are met through the creation of ad hoc reports and the use of standard reports.
• Independently resolves or collaborates with IT personnel to solve technical problems and manages and prioritizes (with direction from Director) the ongoing task list.
• Serves as the HRM contact with IT with regard to HR System upgrades and implementations.
• Develop user procedures, guidelines and training documentation as needed
• Ensures quality and timely Tier 1 and Tier 2 support is provided
• Provides excellent customer service
The ideal candidate is responsible for analyzing the incoming support requests and working with HRIT Management, HR’s functional areas and our customers in the colleges and divisions to identify improvements that improve the way we work and meet both regulatory and business requirements.
This individual is responsible for providing functional support to expand the capabilities of the current systems and contribute to process improvements of the administration and support of the operation.
Must demonstrate excellent negotiation, analysis, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills. Must have the ability to interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, maintaining positive relationships and building consensus on project goals.
To ensure that essential support and services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline.
• 7-10+ years of experience in business analysis and systems support
• 5+ years of experience in all phases of system implementations
• Strong business analytical and project management skills
• Sound judgment, excellent organization skills and ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Proven ability to look at issues holistically, identify impacts at all levels
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal guidance
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task in a high-volume environment
• Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, managing through ambiguity and meet deadlines
• Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills, demonstrated ability to work across technical and business resources
• Experience using consulting skills and developing customer relationships
• Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and draw conclusions
• Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
• Experience working with test plans and test cases
• High level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service skills for effective communication with all employee levels
• Responds to requests with a service mindset
• Hands on style with strong problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Professional presence and confidence working with all levels in an organization
• Brings positive energy to the workplace
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
• Prior experience in HR and higher education is highly desirable
• Previous management experience is required
• Proficient with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with the following systems preferred: Banner HR or similar HRMS, Applicant Tracking & Onboarding system, Time & Attendance system.