HRIT Data Analyst
Job no: 502633
Position Type: Staff
Location: Boston Main Campus
Categories: Human Resources Management
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
HRM is committed to building a talent focused organization and to providing best-in-class human resource expertise and customer responsive services that are aligned with Northeastern 2025. In short, HRM’s purpose is to make it easy to come to Northeastern and easy to be at Northeastern.
To meet the challenges of the university’s continued growth and expansion, HRIT is looking for a qualified candidate who will provide people data and analytics to support HR and university programs and business decisions.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in providing HR data and analytics to support the university leveraging reporting tools including SQL, Cognos and Argos. You will work collaboratively with HR functional areas and college/division HR key contacts to gather complete requirements and deliver accurate and timely information.
To be successful, you must demonstrate strong analysis, problem-solving, and time management skills and will have experience in working with complex data resulting from a decentralized environment with varied business process. You must also proactively identify issues associated with data and work with HRIT Analysts to resolve these.
You enjoy developing reports and queries, analyzing data, working with customers and likes to solve problems. Must have the ability to interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner while maintaining positive relationships and be able to manage various conflicting deadlines in an environment in which you will be asked to balance the demands of multiple priorities.
Several key responsibilities include:
- Develop and document comprehensive requirements for data requests incorporating complex business processes
- Collaborate with HR and analyst experts in testing and validation of data for accuracy
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or related field.
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Proficient in SQL Query
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
• Familiarity with Human Resources and Payroll process and data preferred
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work independently
• Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical employees and management.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service i.e. customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Sound judgment, excellent organization skills and ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task in a high-volume environment
• Excellent planning, time management and decision-making skills
• High level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service skills for effective communication with all employee levels
• Responds to requests with a service mindset
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ensures the confidentiality of all HR data
• Demonstrate professional presence and positive energy to all initiatives
• Provides excellent customer service
• Prior experience in higher education is a plus
• Familiarity with the following systems preferred: Cognos, Argos
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend