HRIT Project Manager
Job no: 502273
Position Type: Staff
Location: Boston Main Campus
Categories: Human Resources Management
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
HRM is committed to building a talent focused organization and to providing best-in-class human resource expertise and customer responsive services that are aligned with Northeastern 2025. In short, HRM’s purpose is to make it easy to come to Northeastern and easy to be at Northeastern.
To meet the challenges of the university’s continued growth and expansion, HRIT is looking for a qualified Project Manager who will lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management in order to deliver business value. This is a 3-year term appointment and could lead to a permanent position.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in managing various size initiatives associated with our HRIT applications; currently Banner HR, Workforce Software (Time & Attendance) and PageUp People (Applicant Tracking) systems within the Human Resources department.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization’s projects, programs and structured work efforts and leading project teams. The individual ensures their work adds value.
The candidate will work collaboratively with HR functional areas and college/division HR key contacts to identify and schedule project deliverables with milestones and required tasks and provides leadership and motivation to the project team throughout the project life cycle.
A successful candidate will have experience with creating project plans, monitoring project activities, performing risk assessments and implementing mitigation plans as well as implementing a communication plan. In addition, the Project Manager will ensure the successful delivery and management of multiple projects. The Project Manager may also perform business system analyst tasks including analysis, business requirements and testing.
The candidate enjoys managing projects, monitoring activities, ensuring quality and completeness that support business solution for our customers. Must be willing to build relationships with community and IT and be able to manage various conflicting deadlines in an environment in which they will be asked to balance the demands of multiple priorities.
Must be a self-starter, takes initiative and demonstrates strong customer service, analysis, problem solving, and time management skills. Must have the ability to interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner and maintain positive relationships.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or related field; Project Management and/or General Business Management, or equivalent related IT experience.
• 3+ years of Project Management experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
• A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated competency in a junior or assistant project management role involving the execution of multiple projects or a large project
• Demonstrated experience in leading a team
• Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing "soft skills" or "people skills"
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills to solve project issues or challenges
• Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types
• Familiar with project management methodologies (for example, PMI and Agile)
• Distinctive blend of business and IT skills
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service skills and responds to customers with a service mindset
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical employees and management.
• Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
• Sound judgment, excellent organization skills
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities, work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize work and meet deadlines; multi-tasking in a high-volume environment
• Excellent planning, time management and decision-making skills
• Experience with project planning tools
• Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
• High attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
• High level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Ensure the confidentiality of all HR data
• Demonstrate professional presence and positive energy to all initiatives
• PMP training and certification desirable, but not required.
• Familiarity with Human Resources and Payroll functional processes preferred
• Prior experience in higher education is desirable
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend