IPSEN MA Postdoctoral Fellow
Job no: 501796
Position Type: Staff
Location: Boston Main Campus
Categories: Bouve College of Health Sciences
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern University Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is launching a 2-year post-PharmD fellowship in U.S. Medical Affairs in collaboration with Northeastern University, School of Pharmacy.
Ipsen is a global, biopharmaceutical group focused on innovation and specialty care. The group develops and commercializes innovative medicines in three key therapeutic areas – Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases. Our presence in North America dates back to 1976, and now includes Ipsen’s third global hub right in the heart of the leading global biotech ecosystem in Cambridge, Mass., where a fully integrated biopharmaceutical team across External Innovation and Partnering, R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial operations collaborates. With Ipsen’s expansion of its footprint in Cambridge, and new North America headquarters in Kendall Square, the group is building a sustainable innovation engine within the biotech community.
This two-year Fellowship Program in collaboration with Northeastern University and Ipsen is designed to provide Doctor of Pharmacy graduates an opportunity to gain in-depth experience in the biopharmaceutical industry within Ipsen’s Medical Affairs Group. At Ipsen, we have a clear mission: to improve patients’ lives. We are a dynamic and growing global biopharmaceutical leader focused on innovation and specialty care, with a focus on 3 core areas: oncology, neuroscience, and rare diseases.
Areas of Focus for the PharmD Fellowship Program include:
Core Experiences in Medical Information, Medical Strategy, Thought Leader Engagement, Scientific Communications and Publications
Elective Experiences in Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Medical Affairs Training, and other cross-functional experiences as discussed per candidate aspirations
The program consists of a 1-year rotation through the therapeutic areas with 6-month rotations through the different areas of Medical Affairs. The PharmD Fellow also participates in the Northeastern University seminars/events/teaching opportunities. The fellow will work on-site at Ipsen in Cambridge, MA, and at Northeastern offices on campus.
About the role:
- Understand various roles, processes and industry standards involved in the Medical Affairs areas at Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Assist in the creation of medical information standard response letters
- Be an active contributor to the team to develop/launch medical strategies within the Medical Affairs Teams
- Contribute to the review of internal promotional and medical materials
- Work closely with Medical Affairs team to develop training and scientific education for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (regulatory, marketing, sales, legal, clinical development) to provide and communicate the most up to date scientific information as a subject matter expert
- Learn how to develop strategic scientific communication plans in a cross-functional manner
- Partner with Medical Directors /Health Economics Directors to develop scientific materials that align with the scientific communication materials that align with the scientific communication plan (e.g. manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide decks).
- Gain experience and skills to be a successful member of a medical affairs department in the biotech industry
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and leadership skills, ability to work independently and take initiative on a variety of projects at the industry site and Northeastern.
Applicants should submit the following APPLICATION MATERIALS by the priority deadline of December 1, 2019:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), uploaded
- Unofficial college transcripts, uploaded
- Cover letter, uploaded
Three formal letters of recommendation (LORs) sent directly from the letter writer to PharmDFellowships@northeastern.edu by December 13, 2019. LOR writers should include the candidate’s name and fellowship program(s) in the subject line (e.g. Smith, John – Alnylam).
Address cover letter and three LORs to:
J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, PharmD, BCOP
Associate Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
Chair, Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Director of Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
360 Huntington Ave
140 The Fenway, R218
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend