Teaching, Advising and Student Services:
- Teach four core or elective courses per year in the MS program in Data Science.
- Advise students on curriculum matters, and on preparation for a career in Data Science.
- Review requests for core course waivers, and for addition of ad-hoc elective courses, independent studies, research projects, and MS thesis projects.
- In collaboration with the academic advisors, monitor students’ performance in the program, and establish clearance for graduation.
- In collaboration with the graduate school Associate Dean, manage disciplinary matters and student misconduct, academic probation and academic suspension.
- In collaboration with the Director of MS in Data Science, coordinate the overall program curriculum.
- In collaboration with the Director of MS in Data Science, develop teaching schedules on a per-semester basis, and faculty staffing. Work with the faculty to ensure the consistency of course offering across semesters and sections; participate in the hiring of program full-time and part-time non-tenure track faculty.
- In collaboration with the Admissions Committee, review applications for admission to the program. Communicate the information regarding the program to the prospective students. Coordinate the creation and grading of the program entrance examination.
- Interact with industrial and government agencies on behalf of the program. Identify opportunities for industry-sponsored intramural projects and coops.
- Represent the program internally at various college and inter-university open houses and functions.